Sunday, November 13, 2005

November 13, 2005

What the heck was up with Eli Manning today? 4 INTs! And the special teams - they rolled over and played dead. Still, thanks to the defense, the Giants were in the game until the end. I was afraid of this. It was a game they should have won.

I'm mostly happy with the results of the elections. My hometown is not one. I'm worried about the guy they elected and what he may do to the town. I'm also unhappy with the results in a town for which I once worked. I don't think too highly of their new mayor. It wouldn't surprise me to see the FBI checking that place out.

So - the baby making gig - where's it at. I'm nearing the end of the cycle we decided to do sans assistance. I'm doing well, feeling good about life. I worry that I will get dragged down again if the next (and last) cycle fails, but I know that with the support of my husband and friends, I will work through it. I posted a while back I think about some of my "online friends" sending me cards of support. My husband said to me that I would get the same support from the rest of my friends and family if I talked to them about it. I know that he's right, but the thing is - I can't. I just know how hard it would be to deal with all the sympathy live and in person. I suppose it's kind of strange - but that's me. And it's not like no one knows that we are trying. My sisters and mother know as does his family and some friends at work and I think half the FDNY (just kidding hon). The difference is that they are not aware of when I am cycling and when I faced the failures. That means that I'm not faced with the failure each time I see them. I did tell my older sister after the first failure. I think that aside from my husband, she understands me the best of anyone in this world. She was great and supportive and handled me how I need to be handled.

Enough baby talk. Let's talk football again. I love baseball and college basketball - but neither do it for me like football. I like to watch the offensive line when I can. You get to see how they move around on different plays. You'll see guards pulling to create the holes. It's great! I also like watching the receivers run the routes - when you can see them - TV doesn't usually show the whole field. I think that part of the reason I love football is that it's played during the fall - my favorite time of year. If I could play football - for real, not fun - I would want to be a safety or corner. They get to do just about all the fun stuff. They get to tackle. They get to intercept passes. Best of all, they sometimes get to sack the quarterback! Okay - off to check my fantasy football team!

No comments: