Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's a bitchy blog today, with a happy thought at the end

Okay - my birthday was Sunday. It is now Thursday. Do you think my brother has in some way communicated his happy birthday wishes to me yet? Shithead! No phone call. No card. Not even a lousy e-mail. Macy's sent me an e-mail. So did several other lovely companies. Look - I know that he was pissed I wasn't a boy - but he's had 46 years to get over that. This is not the first time he has forgotten. In fact, this is the 3rd year running. SHITHEAD!

Now - we are planning a party for my mother's 75th birthday. It started out as just me and A talking about doing Thanksgiving on the Cape, since he'll be on vacation in November, and how we could do something out there, maybe invite the neighbors. Or, if Mom wanted to come back to CT for the holiday because her brother is here, we could do something at our house. Well, little sis called Monday "neighbors want to know if we are doing anything" I told her we had a brief discussion with Mom, but nothing decided. Now she's off trying to get everything nailed down and planned. And coordinated with the neighbors? Huh? And she's somehow invited the rest of the family to Thanksgiving on the Cape. She's being a total PITA and can't understand why I'm irritated. I'm not really irritated - just don't think we need to be planning this thing 3 months in advance and what's the deal with "coordinating with the neighbors"? Hello? They get invitations, they respond. If they want to help with food or decorations, we address that when they offer. I'm seriously missing something here, because I just don't get it. It doesn't help that one aunt is already talking about booking her flight and her son, my favorite cousin, is already trying to figure out what hotel to stay in. IT's 3 MONTHS AWAY! My poor mother doesn't even know yet. I've left that to older sis to handle.

Then I get an e-mail internally. A new dept head can not find his copy of the audit. He doesn't know where the old DH left it. That's what the e-mail from his assistant tells me. So - in a snarky mood I respond asking if he wants help finding it or is he looking for me to provide another copy. Hello. My name is Bitch.

Okay - here's a happy thought. After work, I am going to pick up my doggie. We boarded him yesterday while we went to Long Island for a picnic. I can't wait to see that sweet little face!

No comments: