Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happiness is....

...a resignation from the Board I staff. YAYAYAY I've been waiting for this one. I knew it had to come sooner or later. It happened last night at about 10:30 pm. I was not expecting it. I thought he would wait until he had sold his house and had to resign because he was leaving town. But - he's going a little early. I wanted to call my boss and tell her - but it was kind of late. As I was leaving, I saw the light on in another office, went in and found one of my colleagues, so I did my happy dance and told him the news. There will be happy employees throughout Town Hall today. This is a mean man. This is an angry man. It was actually kind of amusing sometimes to watch him get angry at a meeting and turn purple - seriously his whole head would turn this kind of reddish purple. So, off into the sunset he goes. Now - the interesting thing in all this is who might they put in his place. Given the makeup of the current board, I think they will choose someone intelligent, reasonable and not given to the nastiness that we sometimes saw from our former member.

No comments: