Thursday, October 04, 2012

Are you a planner?

I tend to be a planner when we are going on a trip somewhere.  I'm not good with being spontaneous.  I much prefer to know how I'm getting where I'm going, where will I be staying, where will I be eating, etc.  I have done a couple of road trips with A where we did not make hotel reservations, just drove until we got tired and found a place.  Mostly this worked out fine, but one trip we kept finding hotel after hotel was full, so we finally called ahead a few towns and made a reservation.  I really don't like to leave things to the last minute.  And my definition of the last minute is probably different than most people.  I like to have plans that can be wrapped up in advance done so about a week ahead.  I also plan out and list what I will wear on trips day by day.  This avoids both overpacking and underpacking.  Although I do still tend to overpack, but not to extremes.  I think that the thing for me is that by limiting the number of unknowns, I can relax and enjoy much more easily.  And by getting things done well in advance, I am less stressed in the days leading up to a trip.  We are heading out next week for the famous wedding in Italy.  The flights and hotel have been in place for months.  Airport transfers have been taken care of.  I have already gotten our passports out.  They are with the electrical adaptor set so that I will forget neither item.  Tonight, I will be checking all of our chargers that must make the trip to see if I need to bring the little transformer thing as well.  A is in charge of dealing with cell phone use overseas.  The banks know we are going, it's all coming together.  Next on the list is making an appointment to get my nails done.  Important stuff you know!

2 comments:

AlwaysJoy said...

Soooooo
Yeah Jim's a planner! I'm not thus when we went to Jamaica I didn't know to call the bank AND my cards got stopped! So I say plan away

loribeth said...

I am a planner, although not quite to your extent. ; ) I do like to have accommodations reserved, and I usually buy a map & do some Internet research on things we might want to do/see & places we might want to eat. Sometimes we use my research, sometimes we just wing it. ; )

Have a good trip!