Tuesday, November 08, 2005

November 8, 2005

Today is election day. Sometime later tonight or early tomorrow morning I'll learn what the next two years will be like here at work.

It's a good day out. We don't have bright blue skies, but the temperature is just right for walking. I love to go for walks at lunchtime. It gets me out of the office. When my husband comes for lunch, we walk together. We planned our wedding on our lunchtime walks. Now we are planning the rest of our lives. We talk about the kind of house we would like to buy. We look at houses we pass and talk about what we would do with them or features they have that we want in our future home.

Fall is such a wonderful time to go walking. It's my favorite season. It's football, turning leaves, crisp air, blue skies - I love it. Today, as I walked I got the best of the turning leaves. So many trees are still in full color - the reds, yellows and oranges. The cacaphony of colors is awesome. (Oh dear, I may have just Binkerized my blog.) There are a lot of leaves on the ground too. I love walking through them. The smell is great, the sound is great, the memories are great. Raking leaves was never too bad a chore because you could jump in the pile after you raked them.

When I walk alone, I listen to music. Sometimes it's a special CD for cardio, designed to get me moving fast. More often though, it's a blend I've created. Today I was listening to some Simon & Garfunkel and the Monkees. I love it when it's pre-stereo music and you get some instruments in one ear and some in the other, or you get the lead vocal in one ear and the harmonies in the other. It was a beautiful day to walk - makes you feel good about life.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Kate,
You could NEVER 'binkerize' your blog. Don't worry. :)
~Paige