Thursday, November 03, 2005

November 3, 2005

Just a few thoughts - not necessarily related.

I've gotten to know some really nice people through the online world. Today I received cards from some of those people, letting me know that they were thinking of me through my struggles to have a child. It was just one of those moments that made me feel good about the world.

Being married has some less obvious benefits. As a single, you may not have that person to go to when you have one of those scary or annoying "oh crap" moments. When you are married - you have that person to lean on to help you out in the crisis. Tonight I was that person for my husband. He lost his cell phone. He had me to turn to, to help him find it. It was a minor incident, but it made me feel good to be there to help him. He's always there to help me.

How many days until the election? I can't wait for it to be over. I grew up in a political household, but let me tell you, I have no stomach for this crap.

There is one kind of person in this world that just really irritates the hell out of me. It's the person who does something wrong and no matter what you do or say, they will never be convinced that they were anything less than right. I like to win. I can't stand this kind of person because I can't win with them.

I need to send out some change of address cards soon or we may not get any Christmas cards.

This week has been wonderful weather-wise. I've walked every day on my lunch hour. Good thing, because I've eaten chocolate every day too. The leftover halloween candy won't run out soon enough for me!

No comments: