Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happiness is....

....the car hunt being over and money in my pocket.  I find car shopping to be very stressful.  Test drives, sales pitches, negotiating.  UGH.  I thought I knew what I wanted this time - a Ford Edge or some other crossover.  I really liked the Edge.  It was not as economical as I thought it would be, but that wasn't really an issue.  I was briefly swayed at the thought of a Lincoln.  Went and test drove the Cadillac SRX.  Didn't like the styling, didn't like the roof support that created a big blind spot, but I really liked the ride.  Got a quote on a Cadillac CTS and was amazed at the price and thought - I may be getting Baby Jr. soon!  (Dad had a Cadillac Sedan back in the 70s that we called Baby.  We swore that if the house caught fire, he would save Baby first.)  I was really determined to buy American, helping out the economy, but did want to keep my personal economy in mind.  So, I got in touch with two Infiniti dealerships - the one that replaced the dealership where I got my current Infiniti and the one where the salesman I worked with 3 years ago went.  Well, the first one got back to me pretty quickly and gave me an amazing price.  $130 less per month than I am paying now for basically the same car.  I was still willing to go with one of the others if Ithought the overall value would be better.  But after reading reviews, etc - nothing could match the price or the value I was getting with the Infiniti.  So,  my personal economy won out.  Now - what to do with that extra $130 each month?  And I got a raise this month too!  Some of it will definitely go into savings.  I may also finally break down and get a cleaning lady to come in every week or every other week.

4 comments:

Sarah Reads Too Much said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations Kate! I love when things work out like that... when you know you've made out in the best way. Enjoy that new car smell!

Aimee said...

Love new cars -- my bro loves the Infiniti, too. As for the $$ -- I vote cleaning lady... it will change your life and make your free time YOUR's again! xoxo

Erin said...

Congrats on the car!!! I loved my Infiniti and I am sad to not have one now! Definitely will be a next vehicle for me. Enjoy it!

loribeth said...

A cleaning lady sounds good to me! ; ) Congratulations on getting such a great deal!