Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Rhinebeck Stash


 Top left, some baby blue and darker blue Shepherds Wool, worsted, destined to be herringbone mittens as a gift for someone - don't know who.  Top right and in the next picture down, some trio from Brooks Farm - just loved the color, don't know what it will be, but it will be for me.  Bottom left is some Skinny Bugga! from the Sanguine Gryphon.  I don't think the photos do the colors justice.  They are a lovely combination of yellow, red & orange.  I'm torn between making this into socks and making it into a shawl.  I fear the socks won't do right by the lovely colors as they may not be seen.  Next is some DK from Shelridge Farms which will become a sweater for our little niece.  Last, some Four Play from Brooks Farm which will be a sweater for me.  I'm torn between a couple of patterns, so I won't decide for a while, since I need to get going on some Christmas gift knitting.
 Must say, I think this is my favorite.  I have no idea what it will be yet, but it will be for me.  Likely a shawl or a cowl.  If I make a cowl, I'll probably have enough left for a hat too. 

The photo doesn't really show the colors of this yarn at their best.  I stopped at this booth, not realizing that it was the popular Sanguine Gryphon.  There were many, many beautiful yarns there.  I wish I had purchased more, but didn't have any real projects in mind for them, so resisted.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Nice haul! Were there crazy lines at The Sanguine Gryphon when you were there? They were NUTS on Saturday!

Kate B said...

I was there on Sunday. I think I was probably at the Sanguine Gryphon between 11:30 and noon. The line was not too bad then, not even 10 minutes.