Tuesday, September 06, 2005

September 6, 2005

Not a day like any other. Yesterday my husband, along with about 300 of his co-workers, left for New Orleans to assist in the relief effort. My husband is a firefighter. This really led me to start this blog. It seems like a good way to get my feelings down - get them out. I won't post links - I think you all know what they are facing.

So - I'm scared. Are the gangs with the guns still out there? What kind of shots did he get before going? Can you believe that each time I've gotten to talk to him (only twice since he got there) I forgot to ask if they gave them shots! I know he has a roof over his head, a dry place to sleep, water to drink and food (MREs) to eat. But what about disease? What if he gets injured at a fire down there? I have the utmost respect and admiration for military wives. I don't know how they do it.

No comments: