Sunday, October 30, 2005

October 30, 2005

Not a whole lot happening here. I'm using the month off of ART to try and drop 5 pounds. So far, I'm not doing as well as I would like. My willpower is almost non-existent. But - I am getting out to exercise more, so I just need to get the diet a little better in line and I'll be able to do it. Post Halloween will be tough - everyone brings their extra candy to work. That will be a challenge to avoid. I have to remember my old mantra "does this taste as good as being thin feels?" I'm looking more and more at adoption options - the cost is scary. On the good news front, it looks like DH finally has a contract. The retro check should put us where we need to be to start househunting. The question then will be - should we wait another year to have an even bigger downpayment? It may end up being a moot point as the retro checks may not arrive until about when we have to renew our lease or move. That may make the decision for us. The thought of packing up and moving again is not pleasant - but at least I know the next time will be the last time for about 20 years!

No comments: