Sunday, August 26, 2007

Happy Day!

It's my birthday! I like birthdays! I'm not so much fond of the getting older part, but I like the celebration part, so I'll take them. And as they say - it beats the alternative! Today, A & I will be going to a picnic before he has to head back to work. It should be fun - please hold off rain! Last night I had dinner in the city with my friend Aimee. It was fun to sit and just chat, eat good food and drink good wine. I was a disaster trying to eat my appetizer - pate with sourdough bread. The bread was kind of crusty and at one point, I tried to bite into it and pate on top kind of flew off. Fortunately, it missed our purses and the bag with a gift Aimee had given me. Anyway - very cool restaurant - Five Points. I liked one thing they did in particular. On the side walls, they made it appear as though there were windows. It gave light to the room in a subtle way that also made the space seem larger. We had drinks later at the Campbell Apartment at Grand Central. That place is so cool. I had to run to catch my train home - but made it. I usually bring a book to read on trains. Last night's choice was "Rebecca" by Daphne du Maurier. I guess it's one of those books that you are supposed to read, but that I never had. Well, I'm really getting into it. The train ride home went very fast, as I was engrossed in my book. So - on to today.

I was just skimming an article in the NY Times about life lists. You know - the lists people make of things they want to do before they die. I have one somewhere. I'll have to dig it out and see what some of the things I've listed are. I know buy a boat is one. I might start using the blog as a recorder for things I would like to do in my life.

We'll start with a realistic possibility.
1. Own a boat.

No comments: