Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happiness is....

...not supposed to be the result of someone else's unhappiness. But - it seems to me that the unhappiness is being resolved - so I can be happy about that - yes? So - my brother, who has been referred to here on occasion as the ball-less wonder, has separated from his wife, aka my bitch-in-law. We had all noticed over the years what a different person he was is you saw him away from her. There was lots more wrong with the situation than that. I refer to that because when he called me last week to tell me about the separation, I was talking to the brother we would see when she wasn't around. He sounded good. He sounded not happy, but a peace with the decision he made - and he was the one to call it quits. So, happiness is my brother getting out of an unhappy marriage. I hope the process goes as well as it can go for him.

1 comment:

dinap said...

I totally know what you mean about getting your brother back. When my brother separated from his wife, it was like "Ah, there's the brother I know and love". He is so much more relaxed and more himself now, so even though the ending of a marriage is always sad, I'd say happiness is a fitting emotion as well. So I'll even go out on a limb and say congrats to you and to him!