Friday, September 17, 2010

Early Mornings

I'm not a big fan of waking up early, but I have to.  Lately, I've been getting up and taking the dog out for a walk, first thing.  This morning, as we were walking, I was thinking about how enjoyable it is to kind of have the world to yourself in the early morning.  There aren't many people out and about at 6:30 on a cool, late summer morning.  As we walk around the neighborhood, we often see just a single light on in a house.  The quietness is just wonderful.  It makes me happy to start the day, as if at that time, the world is mine and mine alone.  Well - Boomer's too.  I was looking down at him this morning as we walked, his little ears bouncing up and down.  We go at a good pace, but he still is able to check out the world - looking for squirrels and other evil beings.  It's a nice way to start the day.

1 comment:

TheAccountant said...

I agree with you.Waking up that early isn't the easiest thing, but it sure is great to feel that peace.It enables you to prepare yourself for the day that is coming and makes you peacefull inside. :D