Monday, October 25, 2010

Destined to be frogged

One of our fellow UCONN tailgaters has a cool UCONN hat with ear flaps.  Last year I thought to myself "I can knit something like that."  With Friday's game versus West Virginia our first potential cold game fast approaching, I decided to get down to it.  I found a pattern on Ravelry that I could adapt.  I charted out my stripes and my plan to duplicate stitch UCONN on the front and I cast on.  My gauge should have given me a hat that fit my 22.5 inch head just right.  FAIL.  I finally got to a point where I could kind of try the hat on while it was on the needles.  That sucker is huge.  No two ways about it.  I've been trying to think of a way to salvage the knitting I've put into it so far, but I think that tonight I will be frogging.  Bummer.  I expect that I will put it aside for now, finish the gifts for my cousin's baby momma's shower and reset my earflap hat goal to be the Pitt game on November 11th.  Oh well.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Ugh - frogging stinks. Hope you have better luck next go at it!

Lisa said...

Nice Blog Kate!
I will be following your knitting adventures and your lovely flower pics! And of course the Boomer! Thanks.