Tuesday, December 13, 2005

December 13, 2005

Tomorrow is retrieval day. I'm definitely ready. I can feel my ovaries! It's not as bad as when I had the 15 follicles going. That time, if I went over bumps in the road, I was seriously uncomfortable.
I had to go in for more bloodwork this morning - to make sure I did the trigger shot correctly. I have no idea how much blood they have taken from me over the months - but I'm thinking it's a lot. I know it's a lot. So - what's the trigger shot? It's human chorionic gonadatrophin aka hcg. And please don't quote me on the spelling. The hcg does something with making the eggs mature. It's also the hormone that they measure in a pregnancy test. There are some side-effects the first few days. Basically, you get some of the symptoms of pregnancy.
Tomorrow, they'll put me out. The first time, I woke up saying all sorts of fun stuff to my husband. There's not a whole lot of pain - but it does usually hurt to laugh afterwards and to dance. I'll probably end up sleeping most of tomorrow afternoon. Then back to work for a day or two and then the transfer. There will, of course, be many more drugs in the days to come.

1 comment:

AlwaysJoy said...

Kate,
I will send great big prayers your way!