Sunday, February 24, 2008

just thoughts

I had my big interview. I think it went well. The Chairman told me I did well. I don't know if he was just being reassuring or if I should take that as a sign. A had been told by someone who has some insight into the process that I was the leading candidate going into this year. If that's true - well - I don't think I've done anything to jeopardize that, but others may have increased their value and passed me out. And in the end, I know it may hinge on factors that have nothing to do with me or with the other candidates. I could get the presidency - or lose it - based on the need to fill the slot with a certain profile.

While A and I were away, it snowed here. Two thoughts come out of that. One - it's great to live in a nice neighborhood where your neighbors clear your sidewalk for you if you can't. Two - always keep a snow brush in your vehicle.

I don't like the little planes where, to look out the window, you have to look down.

Parents should sit with their children on planes instead of sitting together and putting the kids in a separate row.

Charleston, SC is a lovely city. I want to go back.

I've got the best husband in the world. Okay - he's not perfect - but he's pretty darn wonderful. I wouldn't trade him in for anything.

No comments: