Monday, March 16, 2009

And so it begins...

I decided to make the Cozy wrap - third picture down from my last post. There were two primary reasons. First, the yarn that I had purchased was the right weight, so I don't have to try to figure out any adjustments my first time trying a pattern like this. Second, it has "rest rows" meaning that every other row is straight purling. I figured that would be easier my first time out with something more intricate. So far, I've only ever done stockinette stitch, garter stitch and then the baby blanket I made which had seed stitch and was the first time I had to count stitches and rows! I started last night, made an error in my second row of the pattern. I tried to find it, ended up ripping it out to the beginning. Second attempt has gone better. I'll be working on it tonight. My goal is to finish it by mid-June. You may think that's very doable - even too much time - but I have a habit of starting out great guns and then slacking. I do have an event to which I would like to wear this, so hopefully that goal will keep me on track. I've got another project I plan to spend some lunch hours working on - but I'm keeping mum about that, just in case the planned recipient pops in here. That one's easy - straight stockinette stitch for the most part.

No comments: