Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm a wimp

Oh yeah, I'm a wimp big time. I cut myself with the bread knife last night. I couldn't look at it. I couldn't think about it. I was worried that I would need stitches. Thank heavens for my firefighter (and former EMT) husband. He took care of bandaging my wound. I was getting queasy and had to sit and put my head down, fearing I would pass out. Boomer took care of me too, coming to sit with me and stand protectively over me. This morning, he rebandaged it - and I had to squat down at one point because I started feeling woozy again. I am such a wimp.

2 comments:

Sarah Reads Too Much said...

I am the same way... hope its healing quickly!

Brenna said...

A few months ago I accidentally grabbed my food processor's slicer by the blade, and before the wound had a chance to knock me to the floor I had it wrapped and rubber-banded, all the while Steve was in the living room asking "Are you ok? Are you gonna pass out? Honey?" I had a singular focus: stop any bleeding, do not pass out. It worked!