Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Damn hackers

A website from which I purchased something months ago was hacked recently.  As a result, I had to get a new Amex card.  I ordered that yesterday, and though it should come today (UPS and Mother Nature willing), I don't have it yet.  Dummy me forgot.  I'm so used to all the things I've set up to be automatic.  My Kindle account at Amazon is one of those things.  So, the book I just ordered will have to wait until I get my new Amex.  I could just sign on to Amazon and give them the Master Card number, but I save the MC for stuff I want to pay off over the long term or for places that don't do Amex.  Damn hackers messing with my reading.  And you know - I had that number memorized.  Now I have to memorize a new number.  Pain in my butt.

1 comment:

Sarah Reads Too Much said...

That blows Kate! Sorry you have to deal with this... and I hope the new card comes soon!