Friday, June 10, 2011

what's a girl to do?

You're getting ready to head out early, walk to the high school so you can run on the track.  See if you can last longer than yesterday's mile.  A 12 minute mile - so proud of myself.  May I digress - having gotten near the end of the Couch to 5K program, I was running for 25 minutes at a time, but only at 4.5 mph.  If I really want to run a 5k, I need to get my speed up.  So, now that I'm used to running, I'm trying to run faster and then build up my distance.  So, I'm happy with my 5 mph and plan to know work up from there.  Now, back to the story.  There I am, running shoes on.  Vise - I mean running bra - in place.  Ipod ready, sunglasses on....and there he is.....the cutest freaking dog in the world.  So excited.  In his mind, I'm getting ready to take him for a walk.  He is just so happy.  What could I do!  Off came the iPod.  Out came the poopy bags.  Me and my puppy boy went for a walk. 

1 comment:

Rudee said...

You may need to use him as your training companion. Can he run?