Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happiness is....

 Today - some of my favorite things....
  • My husband's smile.  I remember the first time he smiled at me and I realized that smile was for ME. 
  • My husband's hugs.  There is no place better than in his arms.
  • My dog's soft coat and wagging tail and big brown eyes. 
  • Rachmaninoff & Tchaikovsky
  • Bruce Springsteen's version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Jon Bon Jovi's version of Baby Please Come Home
  • Jon Bon Jovi in concert. 
  • New England in the fall
  • sitting on my porch on a nice summer morning, reading the paper, drinking coffee
  • football
  • Some smells - cinnamon, vanilla, pine trees
  • Roses
  • Freshly cut grass
  • Slipping into a bed made with freshly laundered sheets
  • the sound of the ocean
  • Mint chocolate chip ice cream
  • filet mignon
  • butter cream frosting
  • Marching bands
  • Pretty, soft yarn
  • Turning pretty soft yarn into something someone will enjoy
  • a good book
  • chocolate, preferably dark, never white
  • the smell of coffee

No comments: