Wednesday, October 12, 2005

October 12, 2005

Since my last post - the good, the bad and the funny. The transfer went well - after they made me lose some of my uncomfortably full bladder 3 times. That was the funny - and the good. When I arrived, one of the nurses told me that I looked too happy to be uncomfortably full. She made me - well strongly suggested it - drink more water. Then when the RE said I was too full - well, I couldn't help but laugh. We transferred 4 eggs of varying sizes and qualities. Hopefully there's a keeper in there! D-day - or is it P-day is next Tuesday.
After resting for the weekend, on Monday I was off to my first board meeting for my professional organization. I was a bit nervous, being a newbie, wondering if I really had the credentials to be there, etc. I guess I did okay. I got a call from one of the officers today thanking me for speaking up on an issue, telling me "good job." In the next year or so, I'll need to start thinking about whether or not I want to try to become President. I wonder sometime if they (the powers behind the throne) already have their eye on someone in my class, hoping to groom them to become President. What if it's me? What if I get pregnant? Would that squash that? Would I squash it? Anyway, the meeting was another part of the good.
The bad? Getting home. Delayed flights. Annoying neighbor on the plane. Her carryon? A pizza! She's telling people they can't put stuff in our overhead bin because they'll crush her pizza.
That's not the real bad though. The Yankees lost. Freakin' A-Rod and Matsui picked a fine time to slump. Time to focus on the Giants.

No comments: