Thursday, October 20, 2005

October 20, 2005

I am really struggling today. I don't know why, but this negative result is harder to take than when I had a chemical pregnancy with the last cycle. Maybe it's because I'm starting to think that it won't work and we won't have children. It could also be that my husband had to work all day yesterday and last night and tonight, so I won't see him again until Friday night when I get home from work.

I wish we could afford to adopt. I would do it in a heartbeat. The problem is, it's expensive, where with the IVF, insurance pays for most of it. If we were younger, it probably wouldn't be a problem. Of course, if I were younger, I would probably be able to get pregnant. The issue for us now is that we want a house. We are saving diligently for that. I also think that we would be in a better position to adopt if we had a house. We should be in a house within the next 2 years. But by then I'll be 46 or close to it. Then we would have to save anew for the adoption. I suppose we could borrow somehow - but we would have just borrowed for a house. Anyway, I just see the years slipping away and adoption not being feasible. I need to adjust to this reality.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Hey.
Paige again.
Kate, you mentioned adoption. Have you guys thought about doing a DCF adoption? Those are paid for by the state, and you actually sometimes get an adoption stipend. You could stipulate the age of child you were interested in, and may even be able to get an infant.
((((HUGS))) to you. Keep your head up, Kate.
~Paige
oh, e-mail me if you want if you have any questions.
paige127@cox.net