Friday, June 20, 2008

Miss me?

Yeah - I haven't posted in a while. Couldn't think of things to write, didn't have time, etc.

Now - I'm back at it. We just came back from a week in Florida for my conference - for the group where I didn't get the presidency. We had a very good time. Loved the beach! One of the best things to come out of it for me was the number of people who told me that I should try again for the presidency next year. So - we'll see how I feel in 6 months when I would have to apply.

We missed Boomer while away. He was happily residing at the doggie daycare place. We arranged for him to have some lessons while gone. I am so happy to report that our dogger did quite well! He went shopping with the trainer one day, to a nearby florist. He did his "down stay" very well and is welcome back in the florist anytime. And better than that - the next day - she used Boomer to help teach another dog how to do "let's walk"!!!! She said "I want to take him home." I said NO NO NO. MINE! Of course, he was just exhausted after a week of so much play time that he slept like a log.

We got an earful of an ugly New Yorker on the way home. His flight got cancelled and he was just awful. We flew Jet Blue - and let me tell you it's worth the extra $10 or $20 to get the seats with more legroom.

I'm back at work now, trying to get back in the swing of things. I'm tired. Being at the conference, I didn't really have a weekend. We were in meetings all day Saturday. I had Sunday morning off, but then attended a working lunch and sessions in the afternoon. We also had dinners and/or receptions to attend every evening. I am looking forward to just chilling out this weekend.

No comments: