Sunday, February 08, 2009

Christmas is over...and other thoughts

I went for a walk today - actually two walks. While walking around my neighborhood, I couldn't get over how many people still have their Christmas decorations out. Not winter stuff, but the wreaths, the Santa flags, the reindeer - that kind of stuff. I can't tell you how many! Literally - I can't tell you because I didn't count - but the point is - Christmas is over people! Heck, it's almost Valentine's Day.

On the first walk, I took the dog. Boomer is mainly white. When snow is melting, the ground is kind of muddy, spits that stuff up. So - white dog, mud spray - you get the picture. He loved it though.

I think Mother Nature is messing with us. No way is winter over. She's just trying to lull us into a false sense of security - then WHAM - we're going to get hit with more snow. It will be sad.

We have grass in our backyard. I had forgotten. It had been so long since the yard was anything but a blanket of white!

I'm watching the pro bowl. Football's last gasp for the year. Good thing pitchers and catchers report soon - it gives me something to look forward to.

Oh - speaking of baseball - not sure which is my favorite - A-Fraud, A-Roid or A-R*d. He's not exactly my favorite - that would be Derek Jeter - but I always respected that he achieved what he did naturally. So much for that.

No comments: