Saturday, February 07, 2009

Update on the diet

It's been a while since I talked about weight loss. I hit my goal weight almost 6 months ago. I've been able to stay actually a couple of pounds below it for all this time. I did notice that, with the help of a couple of events, I had crept up a little - not even a full pound - but that little bit made me say - WHOA! I have lost that same 15 pounds at least 4 or 5 times in the last 15 years. I want this to be the last time. So, I'm back to one of the WW basics - the food diary. I have to say it's helping. I'm very conscious of what I'm eating. I've got to get active again. It's hard during the winter when I have so many night meetings. I've got to squeeze exercise, along with housework, time with A, projects, all of that into precious little free time in the winter. The milder weather this weekend will help. It looks like the next week will be decent enough that I will be willing to walk at lunchtime. Another alternative is this new ropeless jump rope I got - just need to hook up the DVD so I can watch the how-to video. And I do have a Wii fit. I like it - but I don't think the fit program provides the level of cardio that I want. So I'm looking for other options. Anyway, I'm bound and determined not to gain back the weight this time and being active is key in that.

No comments: