Thursday, August 09, 2012

adulthood is hard

Sometimes trying to be an adult downright sucks.  Trying to do the right thing is not easy.  Resisting the urge to have the last word in an argument is really really hard, especially when the other party couldn't do the same, but right now, that's what I'm doing.  I'm sucking it up and I'm not happy about it but I know it's best in the long run.  I'm angry and sad.  Trying to let the recent crabbiness just roll off my back.  But dealing with the digs, I can only let it go so long, but today I even said - hey this is not going in a good direction - it needs to stop - and it did momentarily - but the last word needs to be had and needs to be had and needs to be had.  And I'm sitting here hoping that I've let the last word be had by someone else.  How many times are you told "maybe you should have done X" as an answer to an argument before the last word ends up being "yeah, you're right"  I don't ever want that to be the last word, so here, I vent, so that it isn't the last word today and it never is the last word.

No comments: