Monday, January 07, 2013

a full week

I have not worked a full week since the first week of December.  This week is going to drag.  Or not.  Budget season is upon us, so I will be busy at work - which should make the days fly.  Please please please.

On the knitting front - I'm working on a top for me.  I'm about to the end of the increase section.  I am planning to add short row bust darts to a garment for the first time.  It's kind of a necessity for me, unless I want sweaters that bag in the midsection or which ride up in front.   Hopefully it goes well.  I'm also working on some blanket squares.  The woman who owns a yarn company that I like is collecting squares to make blankets for the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting.  I'm about finished with my first and will cast on for #2 after #1 is done.  This is my lunchtime knitting.  I'm using up some yarn from other projects and some yarn I dyed myself.  It's great mindless knitting, since she wants garter stitch squares.  I would like to send off 3 or 4 squares.

1 comment:

AlwaysJoy said...

I can't wait to see your top! I should learn to knit - I can't crochet a top (I don't think)