Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happiness is....

.....beautiful new yarn!  I received some yarn in the mail this week that I ordered in March.  It is a beautiful green, with some subtle variegation.  I love, love, love the color.  I plan to make a shawl or stole with it and I plan to wear that shawl or stole to a big dinner we are going to in September.  Nothing like planning in advance!  It will be one of the choices to make the trip to Italy for the wedding in October as well. I haven't quite decided on the pattern yet.  I'm leaning towards one that is kind of Irish in design. 
I've got a lot of knitting plans this year - don't know if I'll get to do them all.  I need to prioritize.  I'm currently working on the afghan for FSinL.  I also want to do a baby surprise jacket for my niece for her 1st birthday.  That should be relatively easy to knock out.  I have multiple shawls I would like to knit for myself.  I would like to knit my husband a pair of nice socks - dress ones, unlike the ones I knit for him to wear under his scuba gear.  I want to knit an afghan for BinL.  I want to knit a baby blanket for friends who are expecting their first and then there's a guy in A's firehouse who is expecting his first that I should put on the knit list - but those unfortunately will be low priorities considering what else I want to do.
Priority #1 is the afghan for FSinL.  That's my evening project.  Realistically, I think I can have it done by mid-July.  Then the shawl for myself that is currently my work-lunchtime project.  I only get about 30-45 minutes a day with it, but it should be done in a week or so at that rate.   I think I will next do the BSJ for my niece.  That can be a luncthime project.  That won't take too long, even at only 30 minutes a day.  I may try to squeeze in another quick shawl for me before the BSJ.  I think that then I'll devote my lunch hours to turning my lovely green yarn into a lovely shwal.  When the afghan for FSinL is done, I may start right in on the one for BinL as my at-home in the evenings project.  His will be a simpler pattern and should go much faster.  
Wow - so much.

No comments: