Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's Hump Day!

Thank heavens! Halfway through the worst of the audit too!! That's one happy thought for the day. Happy thought #2 is from yesterday. I had gotten up to start my day, left the dog in bed with A. I came back into the bedroom to find the dog spooning A. I wish I had my camera. It was so cute. He even had his little leg up on A, just like I would. Totally adorable. Happy thought #3 - my return to WW is working! I'm not feeling too too hungry and I'm down almost 3 pounds. I know it's all water weight - but I feel encouraged. Saturday will be a test as we'll probably be tailgating before the UCONN game, but I'm going to gain myself some points by being active and I'm trying not to use up too many of my 35 "extra" points for the week, so that I can be a little bad on Saturday.

Yesterday was hard for A, harder than the last several 9/11 anniversaries have been. I think it's because he's back in Mid-town, at a company that lost quite a few guys on 9/11. For the previous several years, he's been in Harlem in a house that lost no one - although 2 of the guys lost their brothers. It's not quite the same. Memorials are slightly different, no pictures or placques of the 9/11 dead in the firehouse - so I think that's what hit him. That, and it was a Tuesday for the first time. Thank God it wasn't a gorgeous day like it was in 2001.

Life List #6. Knit something - anything - that is not simply stockinette or garter stitch.

Oh - and re: LL#5 - I mean to go to a game in each ballpark. There's one ballpark that I visited, but did not watch a game, so I'm not counting that.

No comments: