Tuesday, January 03, 2012

New Year, New Start

I'm talking about my weight loss plan.  All in all, I wasn't as bad as I was last year at this time.  I gained over the last two weeks.  That was not unexpected.  I tried to really stick to my points on the non-holiday days, but was a little loose on the actual holidays.  The bigger problem though was the availability of bad things to eat and my lack of willpower.  Like the remains of the rum cake that I made for Christmas - I couldn't not eat it.  Well - I could have thrown out the remains.  I should have done that, but I didn't.  So, willpower is something I really need to work on, and when it's not there, get rid of the tempting item.  I also am hoping to get some activity in going forward.  It's not going to be easy, with my work schedule ramping up.  I think I should be able to get some in a couple of times a week.  That's what I'm shooting for right now, not a daily thing as I don't think that's realistic.  I won't be able to weigh in again next Tuesday, so I'll push it back until Wednesday.  My challenge this week will be a business trip.  I need to not fall prey to the habit of snacking while on the train ride.  I'll be having dinner with colleagues, so I need to keep my portion sizes reasonable.  I also need to find something to focus on as my goal - maybe a picture of a thinner me that I keep visible to remind me of where I want to get.  Or take a pair of pants that are too tight right now and hang them where I can see them.  Or both.

No comments: