Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Okay, but I think I need a new scale

Down about 1/2 pound.  I'm happy with that.  My scale was doing its weird thing again - bouncing between numbers.  So to be honest, my scale gave me readings of everything between down .6, .4, .2 and 0 pounds.  Time to get a new one.  I did mostly well with points this week, cheated a little on Saturday, cheated a bit more on Sunday, but since Sunday was a tough anniversary for me, I am not beating myself up over it.  I did get some exercise in this week, but not a whole lot.  One big challenge this week - I have a meeting of my professional association on Thursday.  The challenges there will be avoiding dessert at lunch, avoiding cookies at the break and cocktail hour.  Oh - and the Super Bowl!  Ha!  Actually, since I think I'll be watching it here at home, not at any party, I should be good.  It's really hard to work in exercise with all the meetings I have these days.  The primary option would be to do it first thing in the morning.  I woke up this morning feeling like I had been hit by a truck.  That's a bit of the effect of the evening meetings.  So, I'll take the minor loss (at least what appears to be a minor loss) and be happy.

ETA - Wednesday morning, I got on the scale again, just to see what it would say - would it validate the loss?  Indeed it did.  It showed me down another pound.  So, I didn't lose that pound overnight, my guess is more that I was retaining water Tuesday morning - maybe salted my steak too much Monday night.  Whatever, I'm on the right track.

No comments: