Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Happiness is...

... a good win. I'm pleased with the election results. Obama was not my first choice, that person was not on the ballot. He was the candidate whose positions best aligned with mine. I might have to pay higher taxes under him - we're in that bubble area that's not assured of more or less. I'm a little concerned about his lack of experience, but I think he was the best choice for me and for the country. I hope he does a good job. I think he has a heavier burden than most incoming presidents. He has to be better than the average. As the first black man elected president, he has to really not suck, or it may be generations before we see another black man - or see a black woman - elected. I am happy with the apparent indication that this country looked beyond race in voting yesterday.

I feel badly for those McCain supporters who supported him because they agreed with his policies. I want to send a big raspberry to hate mongers who, in support of McCain, told lies and tried to stir fear in Americans. I wish that I could believe these people might someday open their minds, but I don't see that happening. I was saddened by McCain's descent to the low road towards the end of the campaign, but I really feel that he redeemed himself last night. He showed himself to be gracious in losing. He is a fine man, a fine American. He has served his country and his constituents well and I hope he continues to do so in the years to come.

I am happy that 01/20/09 is in sight! Goodbye George. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

No comments: