Sunday, November 16, 2008

This is a catty blog post

I went to a wedding last night. It was fun. I love weddings. I love dancing and watching others dance. I'm not that good a dancer - but what the heck I have fun dancing and I don't think I look as bad at it as some others do. There's generally some coordination to my movement. Not too many people out there last night were good either. My worst dancing move of the night? Well two worst - tipped over a little when going low doing the twist and - really bad - at one point, I caught myself starting to do the White Man's Overbight. EEEK! It can be really funny - if you are sober - to watch the drunker guests dance with abandon, but not much skill. It was enjoyable, seriously, to watch this cute little 3 or 4 year old flower girl dance with abandon but not much skill. She was so cute and having such a grand time!

So - here comes the cattiness. Ladies - Foundation garments! Seriously. That tight dress does nothing for your little tummy pooch. You may be thin, but you still have a pooch honey. And you over there - well - a comparison to a sausage would be unkind - to the sausage. Dresses that give you four boobs are never attractive. Black stockings with a silver dress? I don't know. I suppose some fashion insider may tell me it's in, but I just don't like it. Me?
The hanger straps on my dress kept slipping out. I need to cut those off - terribly tacky when they are peeking out the side of your dress.

There were a couple of women there who did not have great bodies - but their dresses were fabulous and totally appropriate for them. There was one in particular who accessorized fabulously as well. And she was a good dancer. I wanted to ask her what the secret was! It really goes to show that you don't have to have the best body to look the best.

No comments: