Thursday, March 17, 2011

Give me some room!

I'm filling out a form - do lots of that at work.  They need a telephone number.  There are pre-printed brackets for the area code that have only enough space for people who print teensy tiny.  Then tons of room for the other 7 numbers.  What's up with that?  I get things I have to sign that barely have enough room for my first name, let only the rest of it.  And space for e-mail addresses.  Thank heavens they changed our e-mail addresses or they wouldn't fit most of the blocks in which you have to write it.  Another favorite is where you have to fit both your name and title on a line barely big enough for one of them.  Who designs these things?

1 comment:

Brenna said...

My similar pet peeve is online forms that don't automatically cursor-over from the area code field to the next-three field to the next-four field.