Thursday, March 24, 2011

Schweddy Balls

Did I mention Schweddy Balls once upon a time?  Those would be the red velvet cake balls I've made?  To die for!  Over the Christmas holidays, my sister made a version of cake balls with Oreos.  So, for our neighborhood's tailgate party at the local St Patrick's Day parade, I made some Oreo Schweddy Balls.  I used Mint Oreos - did not know they made those until I saw them in the store!  Crush up the Oreos, mix them with an 8 oz package of Cream cheese, softened.  Then you roll the mix into balls. Then you melt chocolate and dip the balls into the chocolate and let cool.  I let the mix chill a bit before rolling them into balls and then again before dipping them - makes them easier to work with.  So good.  So very, very good.  And quite a bit easier than the red velvet version - but that red cake makes those so special.  Anyway - I highly recommend Schweddy Balls.  They are worth the effort.

No comments: